PROFESSIONAL MANAGEMENT SERVICES FOR ATHLETES
It’s imperative to make the most out of one’s playing career both on and off the field. By doing the right things and making the right decisions from day one, it will make the transition to a post-athletic career that much easier. The team at Superior Business Management can provide the type of guidance and protection that prevents athletes from making many of the mistakes often seen with their peers.
Did you know that:
- An NFL Players Association survey found that at least 78 players were defrauded of more than $42 million between 1999 and 2002.
- By the time an athlete has been retired for two years, 78% of former NFL players have gone bankrupt or are under financial stress because of joblessness or divorce.
- Within five years of retirement, an estimated 60% of former NBA players are broke.
- Numerous retired MLB players have been similarly ruined, and the current economic environment is taking its toll on some active players as well.
- It has been reported, 4x that of the US adult population file bankruptcy within fiver years of retirement.
An athlete’s earning period is much shorter in duration than any other career, but earning potential is great. Time is valuable. Each individual must surround themselves with an unbiased and trustworthy team, and implement proper planning and due diligence to make their career, income, and assets last. We take a proactive and holistic approach, and custom fit our services depending on the current needs of the athlete – multi-state tax filing, advisory services, up to full-service business management.
Not everyone is at the same level in their careers, so we focus on addressing what is most important at any given time. Superior Business Management and it’s partners have the knowledge and experience to provide the proper guidance that can set the tone for the rest of a client’s life and career. Don’t become a negative statistic.
Don’t become a negative statistic. Contact us today to see how we can help.